The scope of this electrical contract for bath renovations in a tight basement area was to provide all new point to point wiring and devices/fixtures. Also, to delete a pair of wall outlet locations, move one to coordinate with the new vanity cabinet location and enclosed shower stall, add a new ceiling fixture location and expand switching controls to provide for separate controls on each lighting point, the exhaust fan, and newly-added ceiling heater.
Robert Monk Electric delivered the electrical installation as quoted during coordination on a tight schedule with other trades. A $50 additional charge applied to relocate the heater timer from beside the entrance doorway to beside the vanity GFCI (requested during construction), and the customer approved a $10 charge (cost) for the upgrade to LED lamp for the recessed damp location ceiling light.
This project involved 30A, 220V power and telephone callbox wiring to supply an innovative pneumatic tube elevator that works on the same principles as the deposit tube at a drive-through teller.
There are too many good, and innovative products to list them all here. But I’ve included a few that I particularly like to install and that I’ll always be happy to hear requests for.
Manufacturer of electrical devices including lighting and automation controls. Thanks to the historical origins of electrical distribution technology in our region, we’re lucky to have a world-class manufacturer headquartered nearby in Melville, NY.
- Vizia RF+ is a line of wired/wireless controls that interlink programmable configurations via a network of zone and scene controllers and handheld remotes. The line includes switches, dimmers, fan controls, controllable receptacles, and interoperability with security systems and other network devices. Hard wired/network devices inserted into the circuit at conventional light switch locations allow custom network pre-programming and/or remote controllers to customize multiple lighting points and lighting groups as individual and grouped units in accordance with programmable scenes, maximum brightness levels (for energy and lamp life savings), fade on/off rates, timed operations, and more. The system complies with a standards-based networking platform, Z-Wave, at the ‘pro’ tier, which means Vizia RF+ products can integrate with other manufacturers’ products, sending and receiving Z-wave compliant commands and status reports in any Z-Wave network.
- Enclosed CFL lampholders for fire safety in closets, and breakage protection on tight ceilings. Available with integral occupancy sensor.
Manufacturer of lighting and automation controls, especially dimmers. We’re lucky to live in the region of electrical invention, and to be able to get world-class products from a company headquartered in nearby Coopersburg, PA.
- Maestro Wireless is a line of wired/wireless controls that interlink in programmable configurations via the Pico remote, which may be mounted as a fixed switch and/or deployed as a cradled and/or handheld remote(s). The line includes wired/wireless switches (for wirelessly grouping separate existing light control locations), wireless auxiliary switches (for adding new control locations), wireless occupancy/vacancy sensors (for short-term usage areas such as laundry, hallway/pathways, or garage/storage), and wireless daylight sensors (for reducing energy consumption when artificial lighting is unneeded).
CUSTOMER RESOURCE BLOG Categories
- EVENT: Rain Barrel Workshop: Saturday, 4/27/2013
- West Philly Tool Library: organize warehouse workday (Jan. 28, 2012)
- Saturday only: Porch sale @ 4722 Baltimore Ave
- LCA Needs long-term roofing maintenance plan/contract for 8 buildings
- Bell transformer short: electrical burning smell in house
- 2003 VW Eurovan GLS for sale $8,375
- Maintaining a ShopVac (for WPTL)